KickStart is an award-winning, global nonprofit social enterprise that develops and mass-markets low-cost irrigation solutions that are bought by thousands of small-holder farmers in developing countries and used to increase their income by up to a factor of ten, enabling them to lift themselves sustainably out of poverty. (See www.KickStart.org for more information).
The project in Tanzania and surrounding will develop and implement the latest innovations in KickStart’s model of selling equipment at the Base of the African Rural Pyramid to Small-Holder-Farmers across the region.
Reports to : Country Sales and Partnerships Manager – TZ
The Senior Partnership and Sales Officer is responsible for developing, expanding, and reporting on the program in Tanzania. S/he will be responsible for managing the program activities and will report to the Country Sales and Partnerships Manager based in Tanzania. These activities support the primary goal of getting people out of poverty in Tanzania by promoting the sales and usage of our branded irrigation pumps through partnerships and the private sector.
Nature and Scope:
The Senior Partnership and Sales Officer will:
- Perform the due-diligence to understand the market potential and opportunities for the irrigation solutions products in all parts of Tanzania to inform segmenting areas of focus.
- Enlist groups of farmers in the designated areas.
- Make all the scheduled visits to group of farmers as agreed with the group.
- Identify and contact potential partners in the region to get them to buy pumps or to connect KickStart with the farmers they are working with for the purpose of making pump sales to them.
- Create awareness and convince farmers to purchase MoneyMaker pumps
- Create and follow up on the prospects for sales generation.
- Market tests various physical products as may be developed by the Innovation Hub.
- Carry out farm demonstrations to the farmers who desire to understand the pump.
- Ensure that the dealer assigned to them have all the appropriate marketing collaterals
- Partnership engagements:
- Creating partnerships with International and local NGOs, UN organizations like FAO and World Food program, Government, Out-growers, and other stakeholders.
- Working in partnership with distributor to push sales and adoption of MoneyMaker pumps.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of the organization’s activities and social impacts.
- Understand and articulate all the policies of Kickstart International to all stakeholders to ensure clarity and full compliance to the same.
- Ensure prudent management of Kickstart International resources as the custodian.
- Manage seamlessly the operational issues of the organization involving staff travelling into and out of the assigned territory, relationships between Kickstart Internal activities and Distributors’ needs.
- Targets are met at least possible cost and inconvenience to Kickstart International, Distributors and Customers acquiring the pumps.
Key Performance Criteria
- Impact and sales targets
- Creation of partnerships.
- Ensure collection of end use data of Moneymaker pumps in each country.
- A team that is ethical, team-work oriented and high performing.
- Real time use of CRM tool in tracking all engagements.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly reports on all activities carried and all captured in the Stalemate CRM.
- Documentation of all activities and programs implemented.
- Ensure that all the sales documentation are made including contracts and guarantee forms and passed to the line manager.
- Partners are met on time, according to the schedule and all prospects are recorded.
- Regular market assessment and pro-active development of country specific sales and marketing plans with country Manager and Distributors’ assistance to maximize sales and impacts in the country. This includes sales plans, pricing policies, and promotional plans for each region.
- Actively promote products through product demonstrations, product support and training of distributors, customers and influencers.
- Provide monthly updated sales reports and forecast.
- Prepare monthly work plans and monthly reports.
- Program design and implementation using tactical marketing initiatives.
- Establish an annual and long term Business Plan.
- Compile and collect monthly end user data for impact monitoring.
- Perform any other official duties within the key performing criteria as may be assigned to you.
Skills, Experiences, and Competencies
- Degree in Marketing; Business Administration; Economics or Agriculture/Agronomy.
- Minimum of five years relevant work experience.
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load.
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.
- Commitment to KickStart’s values.
- Experience selling assets to rural markets.
- Experience working with distributors, retail markets and agro-dealers.
- Experience working with rural farmers.
- Willing to travel for up to 60% every month.
- A valid driving License.
Interested candidates are required to submit their CV and Cover letter quoting the position title on the subject line to email@example.com .Closing date is 27th June,2023.