KickStart International prides itself in being an award-winning, global nonprofit social enterprise that develops and mass- markets low-cost irrigation solutions that are bought by thousands of small-holder farmers in developing countries and used to increase their income by up to a factor of ten, enabling them to lift themselves sustainably out of poverty. (See www.KickStart.org for more information).
POSITION: AGRICULTURAL FIELD TECHNICIAN
LOCATION: MOZAMBIQUE-CABO DELGADO
TYPE OF CONTRACT: FIXED TERM-ONE YEAR RENEWABLE
The Agricultural Field Technician position is responsible for developing and expanding the field extension services in Chiure, Montipuez, Metuge and Mueda districts of the Cabo Delgado region of Mozambique. Working with the project partners, h/she shall work under the supervision of Kickstart International’s Country manager Mozambique to participate in the project beneficiaries, training them on the MoneyMaker Pumps usage and maintenance and the basic principles of agropreneurship. The position is expected to serve the larger goal of lifting millions of smallholder farmers out poverty in Mozambique by promoting the sales and usage of our MoneyMaker products through partnerships with the Regional & national government, not for profit organizations and for profit private sector.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The Agricultural Field Technician will:
- Plan and administer training and capacity building to farmers on Climate Resilient Smart Agriculture.
- Participate in identification of project beneficiaries and timely distribution of MoneyMaker pumps to farmers and training them on the usage and maintenance
- Provide an agropreneurship training to farmers with much emphasis on importance of irrigated farming in year round farming.
- Establish and manage demonstration plots for other farmers’ learning
- Support and coordinate farmers’ programs with other stakeholders (government, community
leaders, partner organizations, input suppliers etc.
- Organizing field days and coordinating field visits in the project areas
- Work with the sales team to activate MoneyMaker products sales activities as per the assigned targets to him/her.
- Participate in trade fairs in the project areas promoting Kickstart’s smallholder irrigation technologies
- Prepare periodic work plans as well as submitting weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports.
- Timely preparation and submission of case studies and success stories as they may be required
- Aid in the aggregation and marketing of agricultural produce of the beneficiaries.
- Keep an up-to-date farmers’ record in his/her area of operation, as well as timely response to farmers’ complaints
- Map and constitute a data base of either individual or groups of farmers indicating their location, name of the group (club) and the types of crops grown at any given time.
- Ensure prudent management of Kickstart International resources as the custodian.
Skills, Experiences and Competencies
- Knowledge and passion for smallholder farming, with the ability to offer technical support on irrigated crop production.
- Hands on understanding the concept of Climate Resilient Smart Farming
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; English and a local language as an added advantage
- Willingness to work anytime duty calls
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Experience of working in hard to reach, disaster and conflict prone areas.
- Adequate knowledge of project planning and implementation
Key Performance Criteria
- Impact on training targets for selected beneficiaries
- Prompt reporting of training and other field activities as required, i.e. daily, weekly and monthly
- Produce market linkages
- Number of project beneficiaries and other farmers purchased their own pumps.
- Prepare monthly work plans and reports of the new product.
- Compile and collect the products’ monthly end user data for impact monitoring.
- Perform any other official duties within the key performing criteria as may be assigned to you.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Extension, Agronomy, Agricultural Engineering with 2 years active field experience or Diploma in the same with 4 years’ experience in lieu of that.
- Must possess a Driving License with motorbike endorsement.
- Experience in working in Cabo Delgado areas will be an added advantage.
- Cabo Delgado province locals with good command in local languages will be highly considered.
Interested candidates are required to submit their CV and Cover letter quoting the position title on the subject line to email@example.com .Closing date is 13th May,2022