|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Specific Financial Accountabilities
· Provide financial accounting and management and Office & Administration Management.
· Be accountable to provide timely and accurate recording of transactions. zero tolerance of non-compliance with internal controls, systems and policies.
· He/She will have the responsibility to undertake the day-to-day administration and financial support of KickStart operations in Zambia and broadly the Southern Africa hub.
· Assist the Regional Head with financial planning and budget preparation.
· Work with the Finance Manager to monitor & follow up the budget versus actual expenditure reports.
· Manage and control the use of the assets of the organization.
· Follow up the intercompany accounts and reconciliation, balancing the exchange rates and updating the exchange rates tables in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) – Dynamics Business Central
· He/she will work to ensure KickStart maintains high standards of financial and administrative integrity and accountability. The role is integral at the program level and is responsible for the day to day management of the financial and administrative functions of the country office.
· Processing all income and expenditure (writing cheques and sending out payments; paying cheques and cash into the bank etc.). Process payments to suppliers based on invoices approved for payment by the SA Regional Head.
· Inputting all transactions into the ERP
· Ensure invoices are raised/posted accurately and in a timely manner in the ERP
· Day to day management of office petty cash- responsibility for petty cash including maintenance of petty cash records and reconciliation at each month end.
· Processing of supplier invoices for payment and preparation of payment vouchers
· Ensure that all payments are made only on approved vouchers that are well supported with invoices, delivery notes, and Local Purchase Orders-LPOs
· Ensure the Trial Balance is up to date at each month end and prepare relevant reports for review by the Regional head.
· Coordinate monthly closing processes including adjustments, verifying and reconciling control accounts, preparing the monthly reconciliations for review by the Finance Manager. These include all bank reconciliations, vendor account reconciliations, debtor account reconciliations and staff account reconciliations.
· Assist in preparing the Year-end audit file to ensure that all information is ready and available in time for the statutory audit.
· Regularly review debtors and liaise with the Regional Head to ensure credit control procedures are implemented.
· Check field expenses and receipts to ensure they are accurately recorded and the supporting documentation is adequate.
· Ensure that field expenses comply with KickStart policies on business advances and raise any queries with the Regional Head in a timely manner.
· Analyze field expenses ensuring accurate allocation to projects and pass to the Regional Head for review prior to processing.
· Ensure that all records and security documents relating to finance are properly filed and kept safely for ease of access of information.
· Assisting Regional Hub Head to create a monthly program budget and monitoring cash flow.
· Ensure that financial requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner
· Reconciling monthly activity, generating year-end reports, and fulfilling tax related requirements.
· Develop, maintain and monitor accounting systems and procedures capturing all billings, receipts and for the recording of all revenue transactions, recommend and implement improvements to systems.
· Undertake monthly bank accounts reconciliations
· Coordinate timely annual tax filing
· Undertake timely annual filing of returns to the NGO Board of Zambia
· Assist the Regional Head with any other duties as required.
Office Management & Administrative Accountabilities:
· Ensure that proper and accurate administration of records are maintained, including
o Asset register
o Official Correspondence
o Customer, Vendor and contractor data base
o Adequate and effective filling
· Provision of a professional standard reception function during office hours
· Ensure all insurances are in place, up-to-date and relevant to the level of risk identified
· Provide information to complete statistical and financial returns for regulatory bodies
· Responsible for making local purchases in line with the procurement policy
· Responsible for the maintenance of all office facilities.
· Responsible for procurement, maintenance and replacement of office equipment and supplies.
· Management of safety and security issues in the office
· Coordinate country wide fleet management- to ensure proper accounting of the vehicle and fuel usage by drivers. Carry out a monthly analysis on vehicle usage for decision making.
Human Resources Accountabilities:
· Keeping the HR filing system in order
· Administers compensation and benefit plans within the KickStart Zambia framework based on local legislation and customs
· Administering payroll and employee benefits and organizational insurance. Process monthly payroll, manage payroll tax calculations and make timely statutory payments on a monthly basis
· Prepare and administer consultant’s contracts.
· Help the Regional Head oversee the performances review process.
· Development, implementation and liaison for all employment policies, procedures, and procedures
· Facilitate interactions with labor authorities and manage staff disputes