|KickStart International prides itself in being an award-winning, global nonprofit social enterprise that develops and mass- markets low-cost irrigation solutions that are bought by thousands of small-holder farmers in developing countries and used to increase their income by up to a factor of ten, enabling them to lift themselves sustainably out of poverty. (See www.KickStart.org for more information).|
|FUNCTION: Programs and Partnerships||LOCATION: Kenya|
The position is responsible for Global Marketing operations for KickStart.
The Global Marketing Manager’s key focus will include:
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Director –Programs & Partnership in Africa
Staff directly reporting to this post: None but supporting Country Programs Marketing staff
Works with: GIP team, Fund Raising teams and staff in other departments
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Key Performance Indicators
1.Growth and stability of Market Share of the MoneyMaker pumps
2.Cost effective and timely production of marketing materials and distribution to all programs
3.Ensure top quality and creative design for the marketing elements
4. Team performance and individual’s development.
5. Effective management of marketing budgets.
6.Production of effective case studies for marketing and fundraising
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Degree in Marketing and Sales or Business Management or degree in relevant field with 5 years post qualification experience
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
· Planning, organizational and analytical skills and a team player
· Good negotiation skills in the development of the marketing and promotion material by third parties.
· Adequate knowledge of the small scale agricultural sector across Africa
· Hands on previous experience with the media and advertising agencies
· Must have in depth understanding of the various materials used in producing marketing collaterals / ability to discern and recommend quality materials
· Expertise in desk top publishing
· Sharp IT skills / use of IT for presentation
· Ability to produce radio scripts, documentaries that are captivating and write up articles for publication
· Ability to document outstanding case studies.
· Ability to organize shows, exhibitions, product launches and field days to show case our products
· Meticulous, creative and attentive to details
· Hands on and self- driven
· Willingness and flexible to travel, work and support country programs in their marketing initiatives.
|If you feel you are the right candidate for this job, please send your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com quoting the position title on the subject line by COB 1st September, 2017|