The Administration Officer will design, implement and oversee the maintenance of administrative systems relating to travel; insurances; leases; health and safety, procurement management support, office management, vendor contracts management among others. The role is responsible and accountable for the provision of efficient, effective and proactive administrative support to KickStart International Nairobi Office while ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to.
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- To ensure that the Nairobi Admin support staff work as a high performing team (through coaching and mentoring) delivering results as required and to promote this through regular performance review meetings .
- Working with the HR and Admin Director, to develop, implement and regularly evaluate office policies and procedures, ensuring they are being adhered to and provide suggestions for areas of improvement to improve operational efficiency
- Ensuring that KickStart front desk is well managed including visiting clients attendance
- Ensure that all office telephone systems are well functioning and produce monthly reports on telephone utilization
- Filing of Admin related documents and ensuring that the document retrieval systems for reference and working documents within the Admin office are efficient and easy to access.
- Ensure that all general office equipment are regularly serviced and maintained in clean and appropriate manner in collaboration with the IT
- Purchase and monitoring of all office related stationary and supplies
- Working with relevant teams in disposal of office items including old or impaired assets
- Ensuring that all office related bills are paid on time (rent, telephone, water, electricity etc.
- Working with and managing vendors, vendor contracts and service level agreements. Prepare and submit timely and accurate Admin reports.
- Post clear instruction sheets for the operation of all office equipment, location of supplies, changing cartridges and printing papers to allow staff to operate all equipment independently.
- Ensure proper and accurate administration records are maintained in the Assets Register, Customer and Vendor data.
- Management of the ERP procurement system in relation to all Admin related requisitions and payments.
- Make travel arrangements for staff to other countries through the recommended travel agent or directly when need be.
- Manage the Fleet allocation and maintenance and ensuring that KS motor vehicles are insured, inspected, repaired and well maintained and their operations remain cost effective.
- Managing of KS leased vehicles and working with the vehicle leasing companies where appropriate.
- Lead on organizing and identifying appropriate venues for meetings, workshops, travel and accommodation for staff, visitors (both national and international), and interview candidates while ensuring value for money.
- Produce quarterly reports on vehicle management ensuring that KS use and maintenance is cost effective. Coming up with proposals on how to cut vehicles related costs and value for money initiatives
- Taking the lead in the management of the Procurement Committee
- Tendering of administration related supplies, ensuring quality and efficiency of services provided
- Ensure suppliers contracts with the organization are current
- Ensure that all office and guest houses leases and rents are facilitated and filed and are up to date
- In collaboration with the HR/Admin Assistant, manage the various insurances under administration including educating staff on these insurances and launching claims when they arise. These are Vehicle and Motor Cycle insurance, Fire and Perils, Burglary, All Risks, Goods in Transit, Public Liability, Money Policy, Fidelity Guarantee and Terrorism & Sabotage assets
Staff Safety and Security
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment including liaison with security company and ensuring adherence to office security policies for all staff and visitors
- Ensure all staff are aware and trained on basic safety and security procedures i.e. incidents of fire, first aid, responding to disaster like bombing, personal safety on the road etc.
- Regularly update staff on security status within different areas of the Country and precautionary measures to take.
- Ensure that all Nairobi based staff; hold up to date KS ID and door cards
- Ensure that all new staff in the Nairobi office receive an induction on Administration systems and procedures
- Overseeing safety and ensuring the organization complies with city laws and regulations by ensuring Business permits and Fire prevention certificates are displayed in the office.
Admin Budget Management
- In collaboration with the Finance team, manage the Nairobi office admin budget including petty cash management and more specifically the monitoring and approval of all petty cash requests
- Monitor the admin budget through monthly review meetings and produce a monthly variance analysis report as well as cost-benefit analysis reports.
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Higher Diploma or Diploma in Business Administration or related qualification
- Minimum 2 years administration experience in an international organization or corporate
- Strong planning, coordination, firmness and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Resourcefulness and creativity in developing the role of administration and ensuring the most effective support ;
- High level of maturity, and strong people management skills, with experience in a multicultural and diverse team;