Current Job Openings
Head of Partnerships & Sales- Southern Africa
VACANT POSITION: HEAD OF PARTNERSHIPS & SALES - SOUTHERN AFRICA
KickStart International prides itself in being an award-winning, global nonprofit social enterprise that develops and mass- markets low-cost irrigation solutions that are bought by thousands of small-holder farmers in developing countries and used to increase their income by up to a factor of ten, enabling them to lift themselves sustainably out of poverty. (See www.KickStart.org for more information).
FUNCTION: PARTNERSHIPS AND SALES LOCATION: : KickStart HQ Office - Nairobi
GRADE: TYPE OF CONTRACT: Open Ended
The Head of Partnerships & Sales, Southern Africa Hub will be responsible for developing, expanding, and reporting on our program in Southern Africa. He/she is also responsible for managing our program and our staff in the Region. These activities support the primary goal of getting people out of poverty in the Region by promoting the sales and usage of KickStart’s MoneyMaker branded irrigation pumps
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Director, Global Institutional Partnerships based in KickStart’s Africa Office in Nairobi
Staff directly reporting to this post: TBD(To be determined)
Works with: Country Sales Representatives and distributors
Nature and Scope:
The Head of Partnerships & Sales will:
1. Perform the due-diligence to understand the market potential and opportunities for MoneyMaker products in Southern Africa.
2. Create the market development and sales plans for specific-countries in Southern Africa. Lead and manage the implementation of the plan to ensure growth in sales, social impacts, market share, and profitability in the Region. This will be done primarily through:
a. The proper selection, development and management of distributor network in each country.
b. Support and develop the Identification of new and existing partners in the NGO world and stakeholders that will boost the development of smallholder irrigation in the Region.
3. Recruit, manage, coach, and develop capacity of country Sales representatives in the Region to develop and promote MoneyMaker irrigation pumps.
4. Ensure timely and accurate reporting of KickStart’s activities, finances and social impacts
Key Performance Criteria
1. Impact and sales targets
2. Creation of partnerships.
3. Develop an effective supply chain in each country.
4. Ensure collection of end use data of MoneyMaker pumps in each country.
5. Effective management of budgets.
6. A team that is ethical, team-work oriented and high performing.
- Responsible for setting a scalable and sustainable growth model for KickStart in Southern Africa.
- Optimize KickStart economic sustainability in the Region and support fundraising activities.
- Regular market assessment and pro-active development of country specific sales and marketing plans with Country Sales Representatives and distributors to maximize sales and impacts in the region. This includes sales plans, pricing policies, and promotional plans for each country.
- Actively promote products through product demonstrations, product support and training of distributors, customers and influencers.
- Actively manage customer and distributor accounts and collect outstanding receivables.
- Develop and manage the operations budget for this program and provide monthly updated sales forecast.
- Program design and implementation using tactical marketing initiatives.
- Establish an annual and long term Business Plan.
- Open country programs and/or B2B programs in a variety of countries and design and implement the relevant model for each country.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and support to the staff in other countries in the region.
- Prepare monthly work plans and monthly reports.
- Compile and collect monthly end user data for impact monitoring.
- Perform any other official duties within the key performing criteria as may be assigned to you.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• 7 plus years of sales experience. Both private and public sector experience preferred.
• Bachelor degree required. MBA preferred.
• People Management Experience - managing, mentoring, developing people and a high performing team.
• Financial management experience - develop and manage operating plans and budgets
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Excellent understanding of the agricultural market in the region preferred
• Excellent business presentation skills
• Strong customer focus.
• Results/Performance Orientated- proven “self-starter” who is flexible and adaptable
• Able to work effectively in an unstructured and fast paced environment
• Able to work effectively with limited guidance and supervision.
• Entrepreneurial spirit.
• Excellent personal communication & negotiation skills.
• Strong analytical abilities and detail oriented.
• Shares KickStart’s values and believe in its “Mission”
• Fluency in English, fluency in French/Portuguese an added advantage
• Willingness to travel for up to 60% time every month.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this job, please send your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com quoting the position title on the subject line by COB 12th June,2015
You Can Help
Increase a farming family's income from:
261,377 pumps sold to date.